The Club Youth Services project introduced in the 2016/17 Rotary Year, focussed on the CBD is International Student Hospitality. Melbourne has about 100,000 international university students attending our universities. Many never visit an Australian home while they are here, let alone have a meal with locals. The International Student Hospitality project concept is:
- Seek students who may wish to visit our homes for a meal.
- Pair up Club members so only 50% need to be hosts and the other 50% support the host.
- Invite two or more students to a home for meal. It could be on an evening or weekend.
- Enjoy the company, exchange understanding and grow peace
- That’s it. The interaction may develop into something more but the objective is to host 100 international students who otherwise may not have the opportunity to have a meal in an Australian home.